Here is a Testimonial from Lynne Tye, one of our newest additions to the Funkanometry SF family, describing why YOU should take performance workshop:
When I first moved to San Francisco, I had limited dance experience and dreamed to some day be part of and dance on a strong bay area team. I did two of Funkanometry’s Performance Workshops (PW9 and PW10) and improved immensely over those few months. I really owe a lot to the directors *and dancers!* of PW10 and PW11, as they helped me get to where I am today: a new member of Funkanometry SF. Plain and simple, the performance workshops are a great opportunity to dance and have fun, whether you’re just learning to dance for the first time or looking for ways to master your craft. I could go on and on about the reasons someone should do the PWs, so here are my top 5 in a list!
1. You get well-rounded training. PWs always incorporate many styles taught by different outside choreographers so that you are getting a strong foundation in dance. (Especially this season! CC, Angel, and Robyn are very different dancers and each amazing in their own way. You will surely learn a lot from each of them.)
2. You get individual attention. Since there are so multiple directors and guest choreographers, you get a lot of one-on-one feedback. More importantly, because rehearsals are 3 hours a week, you have a lot more time with the directors and choreographers, letting you get the most out of your time and efforts in order to really grow.
3. You get to be a part of a FAMILY! You meet so many new people and make so many friends along the way, many of which you’ll stay in contact w/ long after the end of the season. It really is like being a part of a family!! A large, sometimes dysfunctional, beautiful family.
4. You get to perform. Not only do you learn dope choreo, but you also learn how to perform on stage and showcase all of your hard work. It’s the whole package.
5. You get to mix exercise, fun, and being social all in one. Dorky as it may be, it really is the best combo: sweat, laughter, and friendship. Need I say more?
I strongly urge anyone and everyone interested to do it!! And if you have questions, feel free to talk to me about them [:)]
-Lynne reppin’ PW9 and PW10